Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Vintage Suitcases

I've decided that I'm going to "upcycle" a vintage suitcase on my own. I've been wanting to make something like this and I stumbled upon this idea. I love the thought of making an old and ugly object into something that is newly redecorated and pretty. Jennifer Perkins converted a vintage suitcase into a laptop case. She gives a great tutorial.



I went to the thrift store yesterday and found one just like in the picture for $5.99. Not bad right? I gave it a thorough cleaning; might I add that it smells very old!! I plan on tearing out the inside and reupholstering it over my spring break. I'm going to paint it and then cover the side panels with fabric. I'm drawn to amy butler's designs so I'll have to see what I can find.

The unattractive and old interior

I also found another example of a re-vamped vintage suitcase. Anyway, here is the link for the suitcase pictured below. Betty did a great job!
















No comments:

Post a Comment